WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate will start debating President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill this week, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said on Monday after Democrats backed down from an effort to raise the minimum wage to $15 as part of it.
- California reaches deal to fund school reopening for youngest children
- Strong winds could cause power outages on U.S. East Coast
- Fauci says U.S. must stick to two-shot strategy for Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 vaccines: paper
- Scheduling COVID vaccinations is still too tough in certain places: White House
- U.S. faces 'unprecedented assault on democracy,' White House says, backing election reform bill
- New U.S. COVID-19 cases hit plateau after steep drops
- U.S. Senator Mitt Romney recovering after fall that led to a 'lot of stitches'
- New York Governor Cuomo hires defense lawyer in nursing home probe
More News »
HONG KONG (Reuters) - China's plan to dramatically reform Hong Kong's electoral system, expected to be unveiled in a parliamentary session in Beijing starting this week, will upend the territory's political scene, according to more than a dozen politicians from across the spectrum.
- Myanmar police fire stun grenades as Southeast Asian ministers aim for talks
- Abducted Nigerian schoolgirls released by kidnappers: Zamfara state governor
- Taiwan opposition chief in no rush for China meeting
- Hearing for Hong Kong democracy activists resumes after marathon session
- Exclusive: U.S. sanctions for Navalny poisoning may come on Tuesday - sources
- Australian police close investigation into alleged rape by cabinet minister
- As economy rebounds, China parliament to address long-term pitfalls
- U.S. focused on 'future conduct' of Saudi Arabia after Khashoggi sanctions, spokesman says
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - In the tenth century, Erik the Red, a Viking from Iceland, was so impressed with the vegetation on another Arctic island he had found he called it "the green land." Today, it's Greenland's rocks that are attracting outsiders - superpowers riding a green revolution.
- Betting on death of petrol cars, Volvo to go all electric by 2030
- Spanish unions cry foul as Inditex shuts stores
- Lawsuit accuses Amazon of 'systemic' racism in corporate offices
- Ant Group shelves share buyback programme for current and departing staff: Bloomberg
- Asian shares fall amid China's asset-bubble warning
- Oil optimism unwinding market's mad dash for storage
- To go electric, America needs more mines. Can it build them?
- U.S. extradites two men to Japan charged in Carlos Ghosn's escape: lawyer
More Business »
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Drama "Nomadland" and satire "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm" won movie honors at the Golden Globes on Sunday in a mostly virtual bicoastal ceremony that was marked by impassioned calls for more diversity and the dominance of Netflix.
- Through the mailbox slot: Japanese theatre offers new viewing experience
- Australian music promoter Gudinski dies at 68
- Lady Gaga's dog walker says he is recovering from 'very close call with death'
- 'The Crown,' 'Schitt's Creek' take Golden Globes TV honors
- TV audience for virtual Golden Globes show appears headed for sharp fall
- Downton star Stevens' turn as robot Romeo kicks off Berlinale
- Chadwick Boseman wins Golden Globe for his emotional final movie role
- Jane Fonda honored for lifetime achievement at Golden Globes
More Pop Culture »
(Reuters) - The United States men's under-23 soccer team are aiming to make up for past disappointments, coach Jason Kreis said on Monday as his squad gathered in Mexico for a training camp ahead of the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
- Spring training roundup: Astros overcome Nationals' power
- Federer to miss this month's Miami Open
- Murray feels like playing for his career in every match
- NBA roundup: Hot Heat roll to 6th straight win
- Hawks fire head coach Lloyd Pierce
- Ex-NHL player Todd Bertuzzi arrested on DUI charge
- Djokovic ties Federer's record for most weeks as world No.1
- NHL roundup: Chicago's Patrick Kane hits milestone in win
More Sports »