SAN DIEGO (Reuters) - Kneeling in front of riot police, 32 religious leaders and activists were arrested at the U.S. border fence in San Diego on Monday during a protest to support the Central American migrant caravan.
- Thousands without power in U.S. southeast after snow storm
- U.S. expected to propose weakening Obama-era wetland protections
- Number of people believed missing in California wildfire drops to three
- Texas ready to execute man convicted of 1993 murder, assault
- U.S. lawmakers agree on Farm Bill, aiming for vote this week
- U.S. top court, Kavanaugh spurn Planned Parenthood defunding case
- Accused Russian agent Butina poised to plead guilty: U.S. court papers
- Dylann Roof admirer charged with Ohio bomb plot
More News »
THE HAGUE/STRASBOURG (Reuters) - The European Union ruled out renegotiating the Brexit divorce treaty or its Irish border protocol on Tuesday as Prime Minister Theresa May sought last ditch assurances from the bloc to save her deal after pulling a vote she acknowledged she would lose.
- New Brexit vote will be before Jan. 21: UK PM May's spokesman
- Armed British police use stun gun on man inside grounds of parliament
- Exclusive: Red tape, funding problems hamper Lion Air black box search
- Yemen's warring parties exchange prisoner lists, talks focus on Hodeidah
- Iran confirms missile test in defiance of U.S.
- Climate policies put world on track for 3.3C warming: study
- 250,000 Syrian refugees could return home next year: UNHCR
- U.S. discusses Iran sanctions with Iraq, Baghdad hurt by curbs on Iranian gas imports
VANCOUVER (Reuters) - A top executive at Chinese telecoms giant Huawei Technologies [HWT.UL] is set to return to a Vancouver courtroom on Tuesday, as the judge weighs final issues in determining whether she should be freed on bail while awaiting extradition proceedings.
- Exclusive: Hyundai Motor's two R&D vice chairmen offer to resign - sources
- Court rejects Nissan ex-chairman Ghosn's appeal to end detention
- China court bans sales of older iPhone models in Apple-Qualcomm global battle
- Futures rise 1 percent on China-U.S. trade talk progress
- Daimler to buy $23 billion of battery cells for electric car drive
- Uber's dominant size may rob smaller Lyft of its IPO oxygen
- Morrisons shares rise on takeover chatter
- U.S. fund Castlelake to buy planes from AirAsia in $800 million deal: sources
More Business »
(Reuters) - They said it would never sell, with its six-minute playing time, operatic passages and lyrics about Galileo and Scaramouche, but the Queen song "Bohemian Rhapsody" on Monday became the most streamed song from the 20th century.
- U.S. auctioneer withdraws 'Star Wars' lightsaber on authenticity issue
- Meghan Markle presents wedding dress designer with fashion award
- Box Office: 'Ralph Breaks the Internet' Narrowly Defeats 'Grinch' in Sleepy Pre-Holiday Weekend
- Ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist Buckingham says his lawsuit is settled
- Drake and Lamar lead but women shine through in Grammy nods
- NY judge orders rapper Cardi B to stay away from victims in brawl
- Bollywood, Beyonce and bling as daughter of India's richest man set to marry
- Kevin Hart quits as 2019 Oscars host after anti-gay tweets resurface
More Pop Culture »
Steven Stamkos recorded his ninth career hat trick and first in more than four years, and the Tampa Bay Lightning ran their season-high winning streak to seven games with a 6-3 victory over the visiting New York Rangers on Monday.
- NBA roundup: Celts dump Pelicans for sixth win in row
- NFL notebook: Raiders fire GM McKenzie
- USOC failed to protect athletes from sex abuse: report
- Quinn: Falcons failed to meet expectations
- Rondo has fluid drained from hand, return delayed
- MLB notebook: Yankees' GM nixes bid for Harper
- Cardinals giving no thought to sitting Rosen
- NBA notebook: Warriors named SI Sportsperson of the Year
More Sports »