(Reuters) - Texas Governor Greg Abbott on Sunday defended his state's upcoming audit of 2020 presidential election results in four counties, action taken after former President Donald Trump demanded probes of the vote last week.
- 'Truth is truth': Trump dealt blow as Republican-led Arizona audit reaffirms Biden win
- Amid attention on Petito case, Native mother seeks justice
- U.S. border agents briefly detain 14 Mexican soldiers in El Paso
- Pelosi sets Thursday vote on passage of $1 trillion infrastructure bill
- Court blocks New York City schools vaccine mandate, sets hearing for next week
- Explainer-What are Congress' options for funding the gov't and raising the debt limit?
- New York may tap National Guard to replace unvaccinated healthcare workers
- Factbox-Deadly U.S. passenger train crashes in recent years
More News »
BERLIN (Reuters) -Germany's Social Democrats narrowly won Sunday's national election, projected results showed, and claimed a "clear mandate" to lead a government for the first time since 2005 and to end 16 years of conservative-led rule under Angela Merkel.
- Erdogan says Turkey plans to buy more Russian defense systems
- Iceland will have a male-majority parliament after all, election recount shows
- San Marino votes to legalise abortion in historic referendum
- Canada foreign minister says eyes wide open when it comes to normalizing China ties
- Sudan military-civilian tensions reach low point in wake of coup attempt
- Sydney set to unveil freedom roadmap as more COVID-19 curbs eased
- Mexico to resume voluntary flights for migrants who want to return to Haiti
- La Palma's airport reopens but no flights as volcano still erupting
BEIJING (Reuters) - Tesla Inc's Shanghai factory is expected to produce 300,000 cars in the first nine months of the year, capped by a delivery rush in the end of the July-September quarter, despite a global semiconductor shortage, two sources said.
- Credit Suisse board backs CEO, chairman tells SonntagsBlick
- Cryptocurrency exchange Huobi to clean up existing mainland clients by end-2021
- EV maker Polestar to go public at $20 billion valuation via SPAC -sources
- Google to slash amount it keeps from sales on its cloud marketplace- CNBC
- Deputy chief of Russia's Novatek says he will fight U.S. tax charges
- China's biggest air show to display self-sufficiency drive, military prowess
- Ninja Van raises $578 million in funding round, adds Alibaba as investor
- China's Geely to set up 5,000 battery swapping stations by 2025
More Business »
SAN SEBASTIAN (Reuters) - Women were the big winners at the final night of the San Sebastian Film Festival on Saturday, which saw American actress Jessica Chastain share the top acting prize with 16-year-old Danish actress Flora Ofelia Hofmann Lindahl.
- 'Massively grateful' Daniel Craig bids farewell to James Bond
- Britney Spears' calls and texts were monitored, new documentary says
- Autopsy shows 'The Wire' actor Michael K. Williams died of drug overdose
- R. Kelly's fate in jury's hands in sex trafficking trial
- China urges cartoon producers to resist 'unhealthy' content
- Elon Musk says he and musician girlfriend Grimes are 'semi-separated'
- Singer Natalie Imbruglia mixes motherhood with 'personal' new album
- New comic book highlights life of U.S. President Jimmy Carter
More Pop Culture »
KOHLER, Wisconsin (Reuters) -The United States, led by a new generation of golfers, reclaimed the Ryder Cup on Sunday, thrashing holders Europe 19-9 to herald what could be an era of domination by the Americans at the biennial competition.
- Tennis-Team Europe win fourth consecutive Laver Cup
- MLB roundup: Rays clinch AL East title with victory
- Motor racing-Hamilton goes back on top with his 100th F1 win
- Golf-Emotional McIlroy earns Ryder Cup point, too little too late
- Motor racing-Verstappen's second place like a victory for Red Bull, says Horner
- Soccer-Arsenal trounce Tottenham as resurgence continues
- Golf-Johnson thrives in elder statesman role for U.S. Ryder Cup team
- Soccer-Athletico overrun lacklustre Gremio 4-2 in Brazil
More Sports »