Major League Soccer News
-
Injured Forster to miss England World Cup match: reports
(Reuters) - Goalkeeper Fraser Forster has been ruled out of England's World Cup qualifier against Slovakia on Sunday after injuring his arm in training, according to media reports.
-
Australia seeks to have detained athletes' records cleared
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - The Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) will ask Brazilian authorities to expunge records of criminal proceedings against nine athletes who were detained at the Rio Olympics after their accreditation passes were tampered with after an investigation labeled the criminal process "oppressive".
-
Reuters Sports Schedule at 0600 GMT on Thursday, Sept. 1
Reuters sports schedule at 0600 GMT on Thursday (times GMT):
-
FIFA chief Infantino to be paid 1.5 million Swiss francs a year
ZURICH (Reuters) - FIFA president Gianni Infantino will be paid a salary of 1.5 million Swiss francs ($1.53 million) a year, less than a quarter of that received by his predecessor Sepp Blatter, soccer's world governing body announced on Wednesday.
-
China Everbright says not in talks to buy Liverpool stake
HONG KONG (Reuters) - China Everbright Ltd, part of the state-owned China Everbright Group, is not in talks to buy a stake in British soccer team Liverpool FC, Chief Executive Chen Shuang said on Wednesday.
-
Reuters Sports Schedule at 0600 GMT on Wednesday, Aug 31
Reuters sports schedule at 0600 GMT on Wednesday (times GMT):
-
Rooney to quit England after 2018 World Cup
LONDON (Reuters) - Wayne Rooney will end his England career after the 2018 World Cup in Russia, the striker said on Tuesday.
-
Schweinsteiger still dreams of playing for Man United
BERLIN (Reuters) - Bastian Schweinsteiger wants to continue playing for Manchester United this season, even though manager Jose Mourinho said last week that the former Germany captain is unlikely to figure in his plans.
-
Barcelona, Luis Enrique agree to delay new contract talks
MADRID (Reuters) - Barcelona and coach Luis Enrique have agreed to put off talks on a contract extension until early next year, club President Josep Maria Bartomeu said.
-
Van Basten quits Dutch national team for FIFA job
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Netherlands assistant coach Marco van Basten is to give up the role by the end of the year as the leadership crisis surrounding the side took another twist on Tuesday, a week before the Dutch kick off their 2018 World Cup campaign.
- More Major League Soccer News »


