Migrant boat carrying 600 capsizes off Egypt coast killing at least 29 -local officials
CAIRO, Sept 21 (Reuters) - A boat carrying around 600 migrants has capsized off the Egyptian coast, killing at least 29 people, security sources and local officials told Reuters on Wednesday.
"An illegal migration boat has capsized off the coast of Kafr al-Sheiklh carrying 600 migrants in the largest illegal migration operation through the Kafr al-Sheikh coast so far," state news agency MENA quoted a local official as saying.
Rescue workers have saved 150 people, MENA said. The boat was carrying Egyptian, Syrian, and African migrants, security sources told Reuters. (Reporting by Mohamed Abdellah, Omar Fahmy, and Ahmed Mohamed Hassan; Writing by Ahmed Aboulenein; Editing by Lin Noueihed)
© Copyright Reuters Ltd. All rights reserved. The information contained in this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of Reuters Ltd.


