Turkish PM says efforts to set up safe zone in Syria to continue
ISTANBUL, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Turkey's efforts to set up a safe zone in Syria will continue until the Turkish border is safe and threats against the country have been removed, Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said on Friday.
Yildirim also told reporters there was unconfirmed information that a Turkish tank had been struck in Syria.
Turkey launched a full-scale offensive into northern Syria last month in an effort to sweep Islamic State militants from its borders and stop the advance of Syrian Kurdish rebels. (Reporting by Gulsen Solaker and Humeyra Pamuk; Writing by David Dolan; Editing by Gareth Jones)
© Copyright Reuters Ltd. All rights reserved. The information contained in this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of Reuters Ltd.


