What's your favorite word that isn't in the dictionary? Every year, the good people at Merriam-Webster humor us everyday folk and allow us to offer up our favorite words that aren't real. How chizzy is that?
Here are the top 10 awsometastic words:
1. ginormous (adjective): bigger than gigantic and bigger than enormous
2. confuzzled (adjective): confused and puzzled at the same time
3. woot (interjection): an exclamation of joy or excitement
4. chillax (verb): chill out/relax, hang out with friends
5. cognitive displaysia (noun): the feeling you have before you even leave the house that you are going to forget something and not remember it until you're on the highway
6. gription (noun): the purchase gained by friction: "My car needs new tires because the old ones have lost their gription."
7. phonecrastinate (verb): to put off answering the phone until caller ID displays the incoming name and number
8. slickery (adjective): having a surface that is wet and icy
9. snirt (noun): snow that is dirty, often seen by the side of roads and parking lots that have been plowed
10. lingweenie (noun): a person incapable of producing neologisms. (A neologism is a word, term, or phrase which has been recently created or coined. Get it?)