Improve Your Life In Ten Easy Steps
Life is good. Here are some ways to make it better:
- Clean your closet. Dead weight be gone! Take a survey of your belongings and throw out the junk. It's liberating.
- List your personal goals. Fulfillment is hard work. Pen and paper in hand, take a moment to write down what you'd like to accomplish. Only when you know exactly what you want can you go about the business of making it happen.
- Read the encyclopedia. Our brains abound with useless information. We can identify Hollywood actors without blinking but have trouble finding China on a map. Learning something worthwhile opens new worlds.
- Exercise. Keep active. You'll look better, fell better, and, at the end of the day, still have the energy to read the encyclopedia.
- Get creative. Put away the video games. Start drawing, painting or writing fiction...do anything that gives expression to your spontaneous thoughts. It's like a mini journey of self-discovery.
- Do a good deed. Kindness has a boomerang effect. If you do nice things for people they'll do nice things for you.
- Check job listings. Avoid getting in a rut by keeping your options open. If you see a job that sounds more appealing than the one your currently have, send a resume. You never know.
- Turn acquaintances into friends. Don't spend all your time with the same few people. New friends offer new perspectives. Make an effort to get to know as many people as you can.
- Learn about your heritage. Your relatives have interesting stories to share. Take advantage of this resource. Ask your parents to tell you about your own childhood: what kind of kid you were, what you liked to do. You'll surely learn things about yourself that you never knew.
- Save a buck. Put away a $1 per day. You won't miss the money, but at the end of the year you'll have saved enough for an airplane ticket. An annual vacation means always having something to look forward to.
Copyright © Fun Online Corporation