Man charged over burglary at Simon Cowell's London mansion
A man has been charged with burglary after Simon Cowell's London home was broken into last year (15).
Money and jewelry were taken from The X Factor supremo's $13 million mansion in the upmarket Holland Park area of the British capital in December.
Cowell was inside the property with his girlfriend Lauren Silver and their two-year-old son Eric at the time of the break-in.
Darren February, 32, was charged with burglary and will appear before Hammersmith Magistrates' Court on 5 October (16), a spokesperson for London's Metropolitan Police has confirmed to British newspaper The Sun.
"He (February) is due to appear on bail at Hammersmith Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, 5 October," the police representative said. "This follows an investigation by officers from Kensington and Chelsea CID (Criminal Investigation Department)."
After the burglary, Cowell told The Sun he had been left shaken by the ordeal.
"It was nerve-racking," he said. "Lauren was woken up with me and we checked on Eric. That was the first thing we did, to make sure he was OK.
"Apart from the fact someone broke into my house and stole my stuff, which is scary, it could have been worse. Thankfully no one was hurt."
February was allegedly spotted by a security guard employed to patrol the neighborhood after he left the property.
Content published on this page is provided by, and copyrighted by the World Entertainment News Network (WENN). No unauthorized reproduction or re-publication in any medium whatsoever is permitted without prior written permission from WENN.




